Should I Call a Charlotte Injury Lawyer For My Personal Injury Claim?
There are many circumstances that may require assistance of a Charlotte injury lawyer. These may include injuries that occur at work, happen in a slip and fall, are caused by medical malpractice or defective products, and other types of injuries caused by the negligence of others. Some victims may think they will be able to navigate the process on their own, only to discover that the process is confusing, stressful and complicated. Additionally, insurance companies and their legal counsel handle these matters every day and are well-versed in North Carolina laws and strategies that will benefit them and reduce the amount of compensation that the victim deserves; therefore, it is wise to know how an attorney may be able to help with your legal needs.
When You Should Contact a Charlotte Injury Lawyer
If you are dealing with injuries caused by the negligence of someone else, the attorneys at Hurt.com recommend that you that you should talk with an attorney if:
- You are severely injured and occuring significant medical bills
- You need assistance investigating the accident and proving liability
- You are confused about any part of the claims process
- Your insurance provider, or the insurance carrier of the negligent driver, are undervaluing or denying your claim
- You lost a loved one in an accident
If you are considering seeking legal representation, it is important to contact a Charlotte injury lawyer who will be by your side. Scheduling a free consultation can help answer your legal questions and help get you started on the road to recovery. Even what appears to be a simple personal injury claim may actually be extremely complicated and involve numerous North Carolina laws and statutes. The process also involves numerous steps and mistakes can be made involving timing, gathering and presenting evidence, obtaining witness statements, treating, and dealing with the insurance companies.
Many injured victims may be hesitant to contact an attorney because they think that it will be an expensive process; however, attorneys at Hurt.com work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t owe any money up front. Additionally, when insurance companies know that a victim is represented by a Charlotte, North Carolina injury attorney, they may be less likely to undervalue or deny a claim. Therefore, if you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, it is essential to consider hiring a personal injury attorney in North Carolina.
Many victims don’t realize that insurance companies pursue their own best interests, which often do not align with the victim’s. They may say that they’ll take care of you if you pay your insurance premiums; however, most claims adjusters are trying to settle your claim for the lowest amount possible – so that they make more money. The insurance adjuster may even offer a lowball offer that does not cover fully cover medical bills or loss of wages. Feeling stressed because of their situation, some victims will accept this offer so that they will have some money in their pocket, or just “to be done with it.” However, once you accept a settlement offer, there is no going back. If you determine later on that there are additional expenses that you did not expect or identify, there is no going back and asking for additional compensation.
If cost is a concern in hiring a lawyer, it is important to know that most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that injured victims do not pay any money up front – there is no out of pocket costs. The injury attorney only gets paid when your win your case, and takes a portion of your settlement. If you do not win your case, then you do not owe any fees. Additionally, while you’re focusing on healing from your injuries, a personal injury attorney can be handling the stressful insurance companies and the complicated North Carolina laws.
How an Attorney Can Help
If you are considering if a personal injury attorney might be right for you, the following are examples of how hiring a lawyer may help in your injury claim:
- After an accident, insurance companies will often ask for you to give a recorded statement and to discuss what happened in the accident. Frequently, important information may be forgotten or left out of these conversations; or, there may be a lack of information that would help present what happened in the accident. An attorney can assist with this process, and help identify the ways to proceed to assist with the claim.
- If you feel that you were injured due to medical malpractice, a medical malpractice attorney can help prove your claim, which are frequently difficult to prove on your own. Additionally, there is a short statute of limitations for medical malpractice cases in North Carolina, so contacting an attorney in a timely manner is essential.
- If you have been injured, you may be facing medical costs that you are uncertain as to how you will pay for them. A personal injury attorney may be able to assist with these up front costs so you are able to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney can also help you find medical treatment and professionals, including orthopedic specialists and chiropractors, who may also be able to serve as expert witnesses in your claim.
Contact a Charlotte Injury Lawyer
If you are still deciding if you should contact a lawyer for your injury, there is no obligation to schedule a free consultation. A Charlotte injury lawyer at Hurt.com will review your accident and injuries, walk you through the process, and discuss your options to get you back on the road to recovery.
New York State Sues Johnson & Johnson For Alleged Opioid Epidemic
Raise Awareness of North Carolina Street Racing