Main Causes of Car Accidents in North Carolina
People get into car accidents all the time. We see them on our way to work in the morning. We get upset when traffic is backed up for hours due to a crash. We see stories on the news and feel bad for the victims. But mostly, we’re just happy that it didn’t happen to us.
So, when it does happen to us – what do we do? Well, there are a few things you need to do:
- Always call the police – You are going to need a police report. You also want the cops to make sure the other driver wasn’t drunk or high at the time of the accident.
- Go to the hospital – You need to get medical treatment. This is true even if you don’t think you’re hurt. You could have suffered a traumatic brain injury or internal injuries. You also need to get medical documentation to prove you were injured.
- Call a North Carolina car accident attorney – You don’t want to go up against the defendant’s lawyer alone, If you want to be taken seriously, you should have an experienced car wreck attorney by your side.
A North Carolina car accident lawyer handles all sorts of cases. Many have handled dozens of cases just like yours. They know how to deal with the insurance companies. They also know how to prove damages. If you want to optimize your chances are being fairly compensated, you’ll want to have a lawyer by your side.
Your North Carolina Car Accident Lawyer Handles All Sorts of Cases
Some car accidents are very minor. They only involve some bumps and bruises. Your car may need to be repaired. Other accidents are much more serious. They can land you in the hospital and out of work for weeks or months. It really depends on the type of car accident you get into.
The most common types of car accidents in North Carolina include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Wrong way accidents
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Head-on collisions
Any of these can be life altering. Getting into a car crash can be scary. This is especially true if your family is in the car with you when it happens. Your North Carolina car accident attorney can fight to get your family the compensation they deserve.
Your Car Accident Attorney Will Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Your compensation depends on how bad your injuries were. You can only be compensated for the injuries you actually suffer. It’s your lawyer’s job to make you whole – it’s not his job to make you rich.
In order to recover for your injuries, you have to be able to prove that you were injured in the first place. You also have to show that your injuries were caused by the accident. Your lawyer knows how to do this.
Some of the common injuries caused by North Carolina car accidents include:
- Back Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken bones and lacerations
The reason your lawyer needs you to go to the hospital is to make sure you have proof of your injuries. You’ll have to get tests to determine what sort of injuries you’ve suffered. Some of these tests include:
Your doctor can review these tests and see if you’ve suffered any of the above injuries. He can then provide documentation that will serve as proof of injuries in court.
Call and Schedule a Free Consultation with a North Carolina Car Accident Lawyer
If you or your family member have been involved in a car accident, you need help. You should call and schedule an initial consultation with a North Carolina auto accident attorney. He’ll review your file and let you know what your case may be worth. He can also answer any questions you may have.
For your initial consultation, make sure to bring the following for your attorney:
- Copy of the police report
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Contact information for eye witnesses
- All correspondence received from the other driver
- Proof of damages including medical bills and time sheets
Call a North Carolina car accident lawyer today. The initial consultation is free. You won’t pay a dime until you settle your case. Your lawyer will try to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company. He’ll also deal with the defendant’s lawyer.
If he’s unable to do this, he’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf. He’ll work hard to get you and your family the compensation you deserve.
Pfizer Inc Files Petition Against Indian Company Aurobindo Pharma Ltd Over Cancer Drug Ibrance
Are Manual Transmissions Making a Comeback?